JPA Overseas Study Loan for First Degree
The Malaysian government, in principle, encourage students to pursue their studies in the country in line with government’s intention to make Malaysia a center of excellence in science. So far there are 20 IPTA and more than 500 private institutions of higher learning (IPTS), which offers a variety of fields of study to students. However, the Malaysian government received many applications from students studying abroad to get financial aid. Accordingly, the government approved Tuition Loan Scheme Overseas For First Degree to ease the financial burden of private students outside the country are subject to certain conditions and criteria.
Loan facilities are provided where the concept of cost sharing in the PSD will only pay the tuition fees are subject to a maximum of RM 250,000.00 for a Special Loan Program of Medicine and a maximum of RM 200,000.00 for Ordinary Loan Program. These limits are set so as not to burden the students to pay back after graduation later. Other costs such as tuition fees in excess of the amount, cost of living, healthcare, travel fares, stationery, books and foreign exchange losses are the responsibility of students themselves.
|Types of Loans
* Special Medical LoanThese JPA Overseas Study Loan are offered to students who successfully completed the Critical Areas which are of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Students who receive this loan facility may be exempted from paying back the loan if the student agrees to enter into contracts for service with the Government of Malaysia for 10 years after graduating successfully.
* Ordinary LoansThese JPA Overseas Study Loan are offered to students who are pursuing studies in Priority Areas and Other Areas as set out in paragraph 3.2 and 3.3. Students who receive this loan facility are required to repay the entire amount of the loan after graduation.Area SponsoredFields of study sponsored divided into three general categories as follows:
3.1. Critical Areas
3.2. Priority Areas
* Veterinary Science
3.3. Other Areas (Social Sciences & Professional Literature)
Courses sponsored only consist of courses that are recognized by the Government of Malaysia only. Revision of recognition can be made through the JPA Scholarship and Study Loans Portal.
|Requirements and Criteria Applicants
4.1 General Conditions
* Malaysian citizen;
4.2 Special Conditions
4.2.1 Critical Areas (Country Study: Ireland / United Kingdom / Australia / New Zealand)
1. Full-time Program
* The completion of the first and second year of study abroad;
3. IMU Twinning Program
4. Melaka Manipal Twinning Program
5. Full-time Program
4.2.2 Priority Areas and Other Areas6. Full-Time Program / Twinning Program / Credit Transfer
1. Date Application Open / ClosedApplications will be open two times a year as follows:First Session: Applications open on February 1 and closed on March 1Second Session: Applications open on 1 July and close on August 1
All documents must be attached (binding) and approved by a government officer in the management and professional and sent to the following address:
Results will be announced online application at the Portal PSD after the application process is complete.
Rights of PSD
The consideration is subject to the provisions of the existing and changing government policy from time to time. Therefore, the PSD is not bound to approve any applications received while the application meets the conditions and criteria established;
PSD reserves the right to make any changes to the facilities provided at any time, including the conditions and criteria without having to submit any prior notice;
JPA loan offer will be withdrawn if the applicant is found to give false information, and
Incomplete applications will not conform to the instructions and do not meet the eligibility requirements as specified will not be considered.
Any questions regarding the application of the Tuition Fee Loan Scheme Overseas may be made by contacting:
Public Service Department
Tel :03-8885 3436 / 3892 / 8889 Fax :03-2172 / E-mail: pinjaman.yuran @ jpa.gov.my
A source by: Malaysia Online Scholarships.Malaysia Online Scholarships
Malaysia Online Scholarships